Thursday, November 26, 2020

A Covid Thanksgiving

 I'm usually here at my home on Thanksgiving since I moved to Wisconsin. 

It's deer hunting season and often the family gatherings would be at one of the hunting cabins. I am leery of driving around on country roads during hunting season as stray bullets have been known to hit vehicles. 

But even beyond that, driving an hour to eat a huge meal and then drive home probably isn't the safest idea. 

So, I'm usually here and in this covid year, it is the best & safest plan.

I had a delicious meal that I cooked from one of the Hello Fresh meal kits. Chicken in a cranberry sauce that was tasty and felt like holiday food. And there is a second meal for tomorrow. 


Tomorrow I am trying out the curbside grocery pickup at the Marketplace grocery store. In my order is a frozen turkey breast, cranberries and mashed potatoes. I'll make a Thanksgiving meal next weekend.

I'm grateful for my health, my family & friends,  for a cozy & comfortable home and for the two felines that I share my life with day in and day out. 

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

☮Peace☮

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails