Monday, May 29, 2023

The Flag

 Ta-da!

I  have finished the sewing of the flag throw.

My plan is to present it to Andy tomorrow.

The piecing part was a lot of work, but the finishing was not exactly simple.

I spent quite a bit of time thinking about the best way to do the trimming.  In the end, it was quite easy. 


Trimmed, ready for binding.

The cutting of the bias binding was a breeze. I had watched a YouTube video on the folding technique  that made it really easy to cut a bunch of binding quickly.


My walking foot acted up while I was sewing on the binding, but I was able to finish with a regular foot without any trouble.

I love the clips for this job. But even with the right tools, it is work to sew on the binding.
I sewed it on the back first, and then used a decorative stitch when I sewed it on the front.

I forgot about attaching a label until I was done,  but I made it work.

I'm really happy to have this completed and am looking forward to gifting it to Andrew tomorrow. 

A Memorial Day quilt of valor for my nephew.
❤🇺🇸❤



Michelle & Andy
Quilt delivery day
May 30, 2023

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails