Sunday, September 4, 2022

Volleyball begins and summer ends

 This year I have 4 great nieces playing volleyball.  Two in middle school, Ruby & Wynni, and two on Varsity, Charli & Stella.

This week, Charli's Spring Valley Cardinals played in Cameron, 2 miles from home.  It was a treat to see her play and I had a nice bleachers chat with her Mom, Kaija.  I was remembering when Charli was in middle school and she was tall enough that she could defend the net without jumping. At the time, the coach said if I could  just get her to jump,  she will be good. Well, she has learned to jump.   Charli lifted weights every morning all summer, it shows, her serves are effortless.

Spring Valley won the match 3 to 1.

A few Charli photos from the night.








I'm going to see a few more matches live this season.  When I can't get there,  I can watch on the live stream, one of the best Covid byproducts.

🏐♥️🏐♥️🏐

Saturday there is a Farmers Market just up the road.  I got there late on Saturday and didn't really see any veggies that I wanted.  I did come away with new earrings made by my 'friend' who I have purchased several bracelets from. She always recognizes me and shows me something new on her table of jewels.

These are fun.  She said she had made them the night before.  
I love handmade.
♥️♥️♥️

Some plants in the yard are winding down, partly because I'm not watering much, or fertilizing anymore I suppose.
The Red Verbena keeps on showing off.  I love this plant. Last year it bloomed until it snowed, I'm guessing it will do the same this year.  It's my go-to for hanging baskets & pots. The one at the cemetery still looks great too.

Labor Day weekend.

I hope we have a long stretch of fall weather. Farmer's Almanac says it will be a harsh winter so no need to rush into it.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

If you have not registered to vote, now is a good time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails