Sunday, September 11, 2022

A saga of worry

Between the concession stand & my car, I lost my wallet at the Luck gym Thursday night. 

Hoping it turns up.🤞

I suspect it fell out of my camera bag on the bleachers, but I'm not sure.   I know I had it to buy popcorn when I arrived at the school. 

I have talked to the school and am hoping for good news.

If not,  I will be having a pretty interesting (crappy) day.

By way of background... it was like a sauna in the gym Thursday night.  I left right after the game, desperately wanting to find some cool air outside of the gym.   I had a craving for an icy drink so decided to stop at Kwiktrip in Cumberland for gasoline & a frozen lemonade.   Kwiktrip is 100% pay at the pump, or prepay, so after parking at the pump,  I started looking for my credit card.  This is when I realized that my wallet was missing.  I quickly realized I had lost it back at the gym. Then, I started looking for another credit card in my purse,  but there was neither credit card nor cash.  I had $8 in my pocket.   That's it.  

So,  I headed for home to have a sleepless night trying to remember exactly when I last saw my wallet & trying also to remember what exactly was in that wallet...  drivers license,  credit cards, debit card,  checkbook, etc. 


Friday morning

👏👏👏

It is found! Yay LHS!  Heading to Luck now to retrieve it!

Seems like I was more worried about my popcorn than putting my wallet away. Duh!

So, the boys basketball team was running the concessions, my wallet was just as I left it, I am thankful for their integrity & to their coach Josh for getting the wallet to the office for me Friday morning.   And to everyone who tried to help & who shared in my worry, thx.  Kyle emailed teachers/coaches & Facebook friends were empathetic to my situation. 

Crisis averted and I had a good day in Luck. Picked up my wallet from the very friendly & concerned school office staff, met my SIL for lunch and long chat,  then stopped by Bruce's to drop of jug of ice melt as thank you for his cemetery tending, and then finally drove home.  I stopped in Cumberland to buy the gas I needed the night before, but I skipped the frozen lemonade.

I'll be making some changes to how much I carry in my wallet and take some photos for inventory recording.  I would never have remembered some of the important items that I carry.

All is well that ends well.❤️

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails