Thursday, June 9, 2022

Errand day in Luck

 

On Wednesday, I headed to Luck to take care of several errands.
I started at the Luck Senior Center for lunch. 
My cousin Kathy Petersen Hanson was serving lunch.
It was a friendly group.  Lunch was great, open faced egg salad, chicken macaroni salad,chips & rhubarb or lemon dessert.  Hot coffee & friendly folks.
I knew a few of the lunch group and got introduced to many others.

As I was leaving I snapped a photo of the lovely bush, which I have since identified as Dwarf Lilac.  I want to add one or two of these to my yard.

- - - - -
From lunch, I headed to the cemetery to visit Dad & Ev and others.
I brought some marble polish to clean Dad's bench. It cleaned & left a glossy surface.

The red Verbena is thriving. I gave it a good dose of MiracleGro Bloom.  


I also checked in at Grandparents Ansgar & Frederikke's grave.
Last week I had planted a small shrub next to their headstone. I watered it & sprayed deer repellent. 

I hope it will survive and if I'm diligent with the repellent, maybe the deer will leave it alone.

It doesn't look like much now, but it has a pretty little flower and interesting foliage.

It sits between the headstone of my Grandparents & my Aunt Anemarie and her husband Bill.



Sweet Woodruff.



🌱🌱🌱

From the cemetery I stopped to visit for a spell at friend Bruce's. I ended the day with a long visit with SIL Lois on her porch.
We sipped a beer and watched her cat Mocha investigate the big out doors.



It is a perfect porch, with beautiful mature gardens and a view of the golf course & fountain. 

I enjoyed my day and arrived home before sundown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails