Friday, February 25, 2022

Misc

More snow yesterday, we finally have a nice layer of insulation and moisture across the yard.

The sun is out today and the birds are busy at the feeders.

Dark Eyed Junco

Goldfinch, starting to show his spring mating colors

Northern Cardinal

Male, Northern Cardinal

🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀
Basketball season ended on Wednesday night for the Luck Cardinals & the Spring Valley Cardinals.  Both girls teams lost their first game of Regional tournament play.
I sent a message to Stella after the game and got this very sweet response. I was trying to cheer her up, but it ended up making me feel quite special.


I'm looking forward to attending a track meet and trying my hand at some action shots.

🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃

I finished up my commitment to help with the state level Academic Decathlon judging.  I read & judged many essays over the last week.  Last night, I helped conduct 9 interviews with student participants.  They were amazing.  I loved every minute.  We finished our last interview at almost 9pm.  
My judging partner was a very interesting man who had served in the military as a linguist expert.  He started out in Russian but later learned Arabic.  He was a nice man and we had some very interesting conversations between students.  It was a very enjoyable evening.  
The awards ceremony is taking place today.
I wish that they could all win.



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails