Friday, February 18, 2022

Basketball

 Wisconsin has published data showing significant drops in the positive Covid cases.  Finally.  I hope this is not another false alarm and that we really will start returning to normal activities.

I decided I would attend a few basketball games.  Most of the time I can maintain distance from the general public.  I even enjoyed the games without wearing a mask...right or wrong.  I'm still masking when I go to the grocery or Kwiktrip.  But it was blissful to sit at the game, visiting with family and friends again.

Stella plays both JV & Varsity for Luck.  The Varsity has had a dismal year with very few wins, the JV shows promise for next year's squad.



Stella plays with intensity.  It is fun to watch her play.

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Great niece Ruby plays on the 7th grade team at Luck.  She plays so hard, I say she is a warrior.  Right now she has better skills than many of the other girls and she has conquered the tendency to be timid and is not afraid to fight for the ball and to go for the steal.




Ruby plays with a smile on her face.  After the game, I asked her two questions...Did you do your best?  Did you have fun?  She answered yes to both.  I told her that was the most important thing, the scoreboard is not as important.

This was Ruby's last game of the season.  She had a good fan club there with Great Aunt Lois, Great Aunt Wanda, Grandma Lois, and Mom & Dad.

Great Aunt Lois Skow, Great Aunt Wanda, Grandma Lois Johansen
Ruby Anna

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Ruby's little brothers were there too.  Jude had a friend along.  This prehistoric guy was spending the night with Jude.  If I understood correctly, each student gets to have the dino for a night at home.
Jude has gotten very tall.  Kids grow like weeds.

Wow.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails