Friday, January 7, 2022

Academic Decathlon

 Today was the last of my volunteer duties with regard to Academic Decathlon.  We conducted 8 student interviews, each one unique and each student with lots of offer.  I always really enjoy this day.  The Zoom tool caused a few hiccups today and AWOL judges scrambled up the plans, but we rolled with it and got it all done.  I'll be sure to volunteer again next year.

📚📚📚

It was -20℉ this morning when I got up.  It's a balmy 1℉ now at 1pm.  The sun is shining and the furnace is running, so all is well here.  I don't have any place to go today.

❆❆❆❆❆

The bird feeders have been busy this week.  
The first Redpolls have arrived.  They are such an artic looking bird to me.

Common Redpoll, their yellow beaks are notable.
I'll have to work on some better photos to show off this pretty bird.

Once in a while I take a photo that I really wish had turned out.  This is one.  This would have been a real keeper if the focus had been on the bird instead of the branch.  Catching a bird in flight is something I dream of.




I must have a about a gazillion photos of Cardinals in my collection by now, 
but I always am eager to take more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails