Thursday, February 28, 2019

The Bee

This is my 4th year of 'pronouncing' at the Regional Spelling Bee.
The kids are aged from 4th to 8th grade, and have won in their school district.
This year we had 17 contestants.
The set up is for me to pronounce the words and two judges determine if the speller is accurate or not.
Everyone is on pins and needles; students, judges and the pronouncer!

It was a good bee.  
17 rounds and the students were successful in spelling some very difficult words.
The pronouncer made one big mistake, saying the word Noisy instead of Nosey, 
but once I said the sentence, that made no sense, I heard the judges questioning me.
So, it was corrected and luckily the student was successful.
Whew.

After the bee, I met some friends for Luck for live music and Lehman's.
It was a fun evening with a few beers and live music in the lounge.


There is a woman who plays the bassoon and she does Summertime like no other.
I have heard her once before and will look for this group again.
My friends from Luck are music fans and knew the people in this group, so that made it double fun.
Plus, we are already planning to meet up for more music.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails