Wednesday, June 13, 2018

So

So, not much news around here.  
No major wildlife sightings, unless you count the gray squirrel who was scratching himself so vigorously that he fell right off the deck railing.
I'm hanging close to home until I get some maintenance done on the car.  
An oil change turned into urgently needing new tires on the rear of my car and new tires turned into needing shocks and struts and alignment based on how the old tires had worn so choppy.  So, the shocks are scheduled for Friday and I'm trying to minimize my driving on the new tires until that is completed.  So, no baseball this week.  But I don't mind sticking around home either.
A walk around the yard to see what's blooming is nice.
Crinkled White Peony
My favorite


Lupines are taking over, but I don't mind.

Fancy irises that my friend's Uncle LeRoy gave me about 8 years ago.
Always a favorite.

Such a showy flower

The Hops are full and healthy.
 So, I had my annual Mammogram last week.  The new technology is called 3D Mammography.
There was a poster in the waiting room with Sheryl Crow announcing the benefits of 3D.
Less callbacks, better images, faster images, etc.
So, since Medicare pays for it, I had the 3D.
In all these years, I've never had a callback on Mammo, 
but this year, 
with the newer technology,
I got the call.
So, I've been back, had more images and an ultrasound of the suspect area and all is normal.
I took myself to lunch at Tokyo for a beer and some sushi to celebrate.


A call like this gives a person a reason to think about how it might go.
What if there is a cyst, a tumor, or whatever else could indicate need for further treatment.
Thinking about what would I do, would I ever consider radical surgery, intense chemo, other extreme treatments.  I'm not sure I would.
Of course talk is cheap when not faced with a real decision to make.
Hopefully I won't have that occasion for many years to come.
But that doesn't keep me from thinking about how I would manage those medical decisions if needed.
So, I think it's okay to have a sketch of a plan.
In the meantime,
Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails