Sunday, June 17, 2018

Catching up on the list

I've been sewing my graduation gifts this year.
There got to be a pretty good list of kids by the time all my invites arrived.
I had some deadlines with the local kids to be able to deliver a gift to their party, so those got done a while ago, but the Colorado kids got put on the back burner.
This weekend I had no commitments, yay! 
So, I spent some time sewing.

I made a cute little autumn theme bag for Kayla.
Inside the bag is a small sewing kit and an all purpose metal credit card style tool.
I hope she likes & will find a use for it as she heads for Xavier University in the Fall.



Davis is headed to Colorado State University with a golfing commitment.
I tried to find CSU Ram colors for his bag.  
(It was tempting to use the green and gold of our beloved Packers.)
Again, it has as small sewing kit and credit card style metal tool included.



These zippered bags are fun to make and pretty quick to do.
And, I like the idea of a homemade gift, as I was thinking of each of the kids as I sewed their little bags, wondering what use they might find for it, hoping they will remember that they have an extra button, safety pin and needle & thread if they ever need it.

So, graduation is finally done for me.
What's next?  
I have some ideas for more Danish Hearts motif runners 
so I guess I'll get cutting some red and white fabric.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails