Sunday, June 24, 2018

3rd in a series

Friend Carol and I have taken 4 mosaic garden stone classes at Luck School Community Ed.
It's a fun class, you work hard for a couple of hours and walk away with a nearly finished stone.
At home the work is grouting and then sealing the grout.
Our 4th class was a couple of weeks ago, 
and today,
 I finally got around to putting on the sealer so the new stone could join other 2 of this 3-stone-series.


My niece in law Heather gifted me the little red heart tiles.
I think she got them as a sample but they worked great with the mosaic glass pieces.


My Danish Heart series is completed.
These colorful stones are part of the display of cement blocks made by my Dad and his siblings back in about 1940.  The blocks were part of a house and barn that my Grandfather built and the kids handmade all the blocks for those buildings. 
A few of the blocks were written on "Johansen Block Company", "Luck, Wisconsin", one with "VJ", my Dad's initials.  Cousin Paul gifted me those signed blocks 
and they are part of my display near my front door.

I'm planning to sign up for another class,
but I think I'll start hatching a new design, I might be getting full on Danish Hearts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails