Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Crossed fingers

Of course, when I was house shopping in Rice Lake, I had on my list to have city water & city sewer.  I ended up with my own well and septic system.  For about the first 9 years of life here, it was not a problem other than the high iron content in the water which traumatizes appliances and equipment.
Then I  had to replace the well pump, pressure tank, water heater and much of the plumbing.  Foolishly, I thought I must be done, but then, 
this little alarm started screaming from under the house.  
The Septic Tank Alarm system.  
Thinking the tank must be full, I called to have it pumped.  
The pumper guy told me, it wasn't full, should not have been alarming, but I satisfied the 3 year requirement for pumping so it was not a complete waste of money.  
Then I called the septic tank plumber.  He came out when there was about 2 feet of snow and ice in the back yard, diagnosed a bad float in the tank and said he'd be back when he could do the work.  Luckily, the alarm stayed silent until last weekend.
After putting in the call to the septic plumber guy, I had to go under the house to silent the alarm.  It was either lose my mind from the alarm, live with the breaker off leaving kitchen, hallway and bathroom dark, or get under the house.  It turned out not to be that big of a deal, yay.
Monday, said plumber guy showed up.  He fixed the float, replaced the cement lid on one of the tanks, the old one was falling apart, and I gave him $186...right down the crapper.

Owell it is fixed, and I am back to enjoying spring and the birds who are migrating.
Pine Siskin

Chipping Sparrow

Red bellied woodpecker
I'm hoping to see Orioles soon and Grosbeaks usually come with them.
And for now, the waterworks is working like it is supposed too.
Fingers crossed, knock on wood!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails