Saturday, April 16, 2016

Ahhhh

Spring has come to Rice Lake.
It's sunny today, the daffodils all popped open yesterday afternoon, 

the maple tree buds exploded overnight and lots of new birds are at the feeders.


New arrivals this morning included Pine Siskins, Red Bellied Woodpecker, 
Mourning Doves and a bunch of House Finch.
I love this time of year.

Friend Mary was here overnight on Friday.  We started our visit yesterday with a light lunch at Tokyo, my favorite restaurant and the wait staff knows me there.
I tried something new, an appetizer called Tokyo Starter.
Delish.

Then Mary met a car dealer who was delivering her new wheels.  After dropping her new car off at my house, we took a drive to Chetek to a quilt store.  Mary is the one who got me sewing again and started me on this quilt thing.  We had a good visit with the store owner and got some information on her long arm quilting services.  Now I'm going to get busy and get my quilt tops down to her so I can get those beauties on a bed.
We squeezed in time for pedicure at the local mall.  ProNails was hopping, once spring got here, everyone wanted good feet!
My new favorite color  Very Merry Cherry

Our toes are looking good.

 Later on, we headed for Eau Claire.
We enjoyed Friday Night Fish Fry at Houligans (Blue Gills, very tasty), and then headed for The State Theater for a performance by a tribute band called Hotel California.  These guys play and sing all the Eagles greatest hits.  The theater was nearly full, and the crowd of gray haired folks knew every song by heart.  It was really fun.


This morning we visited over coffee and fresh bakery bagels before Mary headed home.
Mary has good sewing and quilting knowledge, so we looked over a couple of my projects before she drove off in her brand new car.

Now the sun is shining bright, the birds are all looking for dates so the air is filled with music.
I love Spring, ahhhh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails