Saturday, April 23, 2016

200 to 2

In 2009, I planned 200 tulip bulbs in my Rice Lake yard.  
That first year was pretty spectacular, if I do say so myself.
Slowly,  the buds got smaller.
In 2016, I see only 2 bulbs that will flower.
I think I'll stick with daffodils, 
 they seem to like the fact that I have a knack for killing plants, 
and are thriving none the less.

I had a busy day in the yard today, motivated by the predictions of rain tomorrow, I planted the oriental poppies that a friend had offered out of her yard.  Also a couple of lupines were added to the yard.  My Master Gardener friend also gave me 3 little shade plants, so added those below my bedroom window that gets almost no sun.
Add to my day clean up of the day lillie canes.
I also cleaned up the step raised bed and planted Cannas in the top.
I think I'll do Kale on the lower steps again.
There is lots more to do, but at least all the new plants are in the ground and ready for rain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails