Friday, August 17, 2012

Yikes

Ev noticed a change in her vision on Wednesday morning when she woke up.  
Thursday I took her to see an Ophthalmologist who specializes in Retina damage.  He found that she has blood behind her retina and that is causing swelling of the retina which is causing the loss of sight.  So, he gave her an injection into her eye which should help over the course of the next few weeks.  She was pretty miserable with pain last night, but thankfully this morning the pain is much less.  Now we have drops and salve to put in the eye to be sure it does not get infected.  Then we wait to see if there is improvement.
I think we will plan to be home bodies for the weekend.
***
Ev's eye seems to bother a little less each day, although it still looks a little bloodshot (make that a lot bloodshot).  I am Nurse Cratchett and administering the eye drops and eye salve as needed.
Dad has been pretty lazy this weekend, maybe he needs a new project as he has finished his shelves.
I have been playing bridge on line, that is very addicting, I can see many hours will slip away from me now.
I made it to the farmer's market in Rice Lake this morning, we have to start buying tomatoes as most of my plants are done bearing anything other than a few cherry tomatoes.
It is fun to see what the vendors are selling at the market, this morning I got some tomatoes, carrots, fingerling potatoes, red potatoes and some fresh salsa.
Life is Good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails