Saturday, August 25, 2012

Some work and some fun

Dad and I have been working in the Johansen Cabinetry Shop (my garage) while they have been here.
Dad finished a couple of shelf units for their apartment in Iowa.
Now Dad is working on a handle for a cane, made out of walnut.
He glued up a block and roughed out the design, and now there is lots of sanding to be done.
Dad's rolling walker  works perfect in the workshop for a place to sit.
*****
I am working on a craft idea, making turkey parts to turn a pumpkin into a turkey.
Feathers
Turkey heads
I should have a finished version by Monday, I found a guy selling pumpkins in Rice Lake today,
that was the final ingredient needed to make the turkeys, you'll see, they will be cute.
*****
Dad and Ev (mostly Ev) had really wanted to see some curling.
I talked to one of my bridge friends who curls and got the information on when they would be playing.
We went to the Rice Lake Curling Club this afternoon to see some of Sommerspiel.
 The folks there were very friendly and very willing to spend some time explaining to us about the rules and what was happening on the 'sheets'.
 Some of the curlers there today were National Champions, former Olympian and Junion National Champions.
Dad and Ev enjoyed the curling adventure, as did I.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails