Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Old News...The Waxwings are still here

Since April 1st, I have enjoyed seeing the cedar waxwings around my yard.  This morning a group of waxwings was sitting in the maple tree outside my bedroom window, just above the bird bath.  For a brief moment there was a male cardinal & a couple of waxwings at the bath.  No photo, but it was a sight!

Maybe this is the 'coffee clutch'
They seem to be in deep conversation

The juncos are changing color too, becoming more gray than black.  They don't get much press because of all the competition with the brightly colored gold finches, cardinals and of course, the wax wings.

Yesterday, this female cardinal paid a visit.  I wonder if she has eggs somewhere close.
I found this page on the internet, a web cam on a cardinal's nest and the female is incubating 3 eggs.  It even has sound.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails