Friday, April 23, 2010

Gardening in April, in Wisconsin?

I might be crazy, but today I planted radishes and leeks in the 2nd step of the raised bed garden. I put some pansies on the top.
I also planted some cukes and squash in the backyard. I am rushing summer, but if they grow and survive, I will feel pretty smart!
I added another row on the raised garden and also a support around the top. Wish I would have done all that last fall before the wood twisted, but it is done now. While I was working on the framework, the cable guy was here marking my underground lines, he said to me "You are quite the Do It Yourselfer", I liked that compliment.
I put up a new bluebird box in the backyard. The woman at the sale where I bought it gave me strict instructions how to do it. I am hoping that the bluebirds I have seen in the yard this week will sign a lease and stay!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails