Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cardinals Win!

Friday night was the showdown between conference rivals, the Luck Cardinals and the Grantsburg Pirates. The game was in Grantsburg and the gym was full and loud. It was quite a game with the Cardinals trailing the entire game. I think they were actually down by 13 at some stage of the game. The winning basket came with about 2 seconds left in the game and put the Cardinals on top by 1 point. This is almost a mirror image of what happened at Luck a few weeks ago, where Grantsburg stunned the Luck crowd and walked away with the victory. Last night, the Luck crowd went nutz at the buzzer while the Grantsburg fans stood in shock. These two teams both have abundant talent and last nights' game was every bit worth the drive and the $3. I'm not sure about tournaments yet, the brackets have not been published. I am sure I'll be trekking around the country to see the games though, I just hope my heart can take it!! For another take on the game, visit http://www.wearegrantsburg.com/.

Unfortunately during the game mother nature got busy and starting dumping snow. My drive home was not looking too sweet, so I decided to head to Luck for the night. Since Iwas staying overnight anyway, figured I might as well stop downtown and celebrate with the Luckites. It worked out that we were all there past midnight so we had to celebrate Kyle's birthday too. Lojo and I made it home to her house by a little after 2 and then had breakfast. I am not good at that 3am bedtime, so am looking for a nap this afternoon now that I am back home in RL.

1 comment:

sherri said...

Yeah Luck! You little party animals really lived it up! I'll have to razz Loie. I remember those occasional late nights at Luck---It's all fun and games until someone has to get up in the morning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails