Wednesday, November 15, 2023

More Zoom Sewing

 Today I joined the Wednesday afternoon sewing group on Zoom.  I worked on my Dresden Neighborhood while listening to a blow by blow explanation on how to make Lefse, a discussion about making a quilt out of the bibs that runners wear and other general sewing chit-chat.  At the end of the Zoom Call, I was invited to join a Monday morning Zoom sewing group.  Friendly women, many in Northern Wisconsin,  but several in Arizona.  It's a good reason to get in the sewing room, and it is enjoyable.



I'm half-way done with the embellishment phase of this project.  It is fun to create the scenes and figure out how to use the little figurines that I cut out.  This project will really take life once the roofs, trees & hats are added, but we are several big steps away from that phase. 







I have an idea about adding a string of mini orange lights to this project when it's done,  much more to come.

🎃

Today,  I ran errands and dropped off 2 big bags of clothing at St. Vincent DePaul's Thrift Shop here in Rice Lake.  I have more to give,  but it felt good to clear the first load.  I miss the convenience of home pickups by charities like we had in Colorado.  I wonder if they still do that?

☮️

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails