Thursday, November 30, 2023

A moment of holiday cheer

 Coming home from Cameron this afternoon, I had stopped at the store and was walking to my car, when I heard loud, Mexican Christmas music. 

Along came a semi, decorated with Christmas lights wrapped all around the cab & trailer & 2 big speakers propped up on the side mirrors.  They were pumping out the Christmas tunes.  

I hopped in my car and gave them a beep beep and they right away responded with a few air horn blasts.  It was such a surprise, and quite delightful.  I saw them again as I got closer to home, as they were driving far below to speed limit, headed North.  I am not sure the 'going-home-from-work folks' appreciated their entertainment as much as I did.

I was thinking that this was a totally random couple of dudes doing something silly, and that made me smile.  I was thinking, 'there's the spirit of Christmas driving down the road'.

But then , as I headed towards RL, I was reminded that it was the downtown holiday parade night, and that is where the Christmas semitruck was headed, not so random.  Owell, I had a few moments of wonderment.

🎄

A friend on Facebook commented on this little story of mine 

"It is always fun to see others enjoying the season..it can make your day!"

He nailed it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails