Sunday, May 8, 2022

Speedy

 On Wednesday morning I was sitting here talking on the phone to friend Mary and I felt my heart start to go fast & it felt out of rhythm. 



 I had several things to do on Wednesday so going to the ER for the day did not sound like fun.  I took the rescue drug flecainide,  and waited. In the past,  my heart had settled back down within 40 minutes or so.  But after an hour, no change.  I called my cardiologist and was told that if it had been an hour, I better come in.  So, I got organized. Made sure I had my Kindle, phone charger and put on comfy lounging clothes.  Then I headed for the ER expecting to be there most of the day for a cardioversion.  I was mulling over my options for a ride home.  (Usually they don't want you to drive after the Versed drug.)

About halfway there, I noticed that my heart felt normal again.  I pulled over,  checked my pulse and then U-turned for home. 

Yippee, crisis avoided!

It's a weird electrical glitch that causes my heart to go fast and beat out of rhythm. The cardioversion can restore rhythm but there is concern for blood clots whenever your heart is out of rhythm as the chambers are not filling and emptying as they are designed to do.   It is a little hard to explain how it feels. It's a bit like a frantic & fluttering bird in my chest.

πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’


Saturday was the Kentucky Derby. Aunt Lois sent me the list of horses so Laila and I could pick our faves.  It's always fun to watch, although I usually hold my breath hoping for no accidents.  The horses are beautiful & quite amazing.

I chose Summer Tomorrow. He started strong, led the race for a while, but sadly, finished last.  Laila chose Zozos and Aunt Lois liked Zandon.  

None of us thought about the 30-1 horse Rich Strike.
He was very speedy and his jockey threaded a perfectly timed path through the herd of horses to the finish line.

Some risk taking bettors made a wad off that 🐎. 

Happy Mother's Day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails