Saturday, May 28, 2022

Resist

One benefit of resisting the mowing your lawn in May is that it gives the Forget-me-not flowers a chance to spread and bloom, and hopefully go to seed, before they get mowed away.

I wish my whole yard would be covered with Forget-me-nots. 
I got the starter Forget-Me-Not from my friend Carolyne, RIP.
Nice way to remember her and our friendship.
💜


There is a dwarf Iris blooming in one of the backyard flower beds. I don't really remember planting those bulbs. It's a beautiful deep purple color.
Against all odds, here is a beautiful bloom on a very short stem.



I planted 5 Lilac bushes in my back yard woods about 8 years ago,  4 of the 5 are not really thriving. There may be too much competition for nutrients by the other bushes & grasses.
One Lilac is loaded with flowers this year. I'm happy with a 20% success rate.


💜💜💜

The news coming out of Texas is beyond belief. 19 little children were murdered in their school classroom by a gunman using an automatic assault style rifle.  
These young lives were ended because our government does not respond to the will of the people. Our 'representatives ' are driven by big money & special interests.
I feel helpless. 
One action I can take is to write to my representatives.  
Sadly, I know that Senator Johnson & Representative Tiffany are  lost causes. Regardless, I am sending them an email everyday demanding to know what action they plan to take to stop the murders of our citizens by weapons that are designed to kill people.


 I use RESIST BOT, using Facebook Messenger.  Easy and free to contact your representatives. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails