Sunday, September 22, 2019

To Alma and back

Saturday night I had a sleep-over in Alma at Lora & Anders' house after a fun day of youth football.  Sunday morning I headed home and found a large flock of American White Pelicans on a pond near Alma.  It was fun to watch them move across the pond in a huge flotilla.  
I think there were at least 1,000 birds there.
They are not noisy, they float wing-to-wing, and when they take off out of the water, they almost run on the water to get started.  It was quite a sight, here are a 'few' photos.

The flotilla




 Prehistoric, cartoon-ish, take your pick at how to describe these birds.
I'm sure glad I got a chance to see them.






 Right before seeing the Pelicans, I saw an American Eagle flying with purpose, following the riverway.  I thought that was a great way to start my drive home. 

 Little did I know, that was just the opening act, the headliner was just down the road.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails