Saturday, November 18, 2017

Cabin Life

I mistakenly thought that all the hunters headed to the Sandcastle had to work on Friday and would be arriving Up North in the dark to a cold cabin.  So, I decided to go up to the Sandcastle Friday morning and start the wood stove, fire up the generator and open the cabin.  
It was good to be back up at the cabin, even for a short visit.
But then, I found out that Dana and Andy were off work on Friday, and they soon arrived at the cabin.  There were not sad that things were running, and they unloaded their gear and we settled in for an adult beverage.

Jackson and I sat down for a little cribbage.  We used the board that Dad made for me for Christmas some years ago.  I think he made one for each of his kids, router-ing our names into the wood.  A special keepsake.


Jackson might have inherited Dad's cribbage gene, Dad rarely lost and today Jackson beat me twice, fair and square, I surely didn't let him win, not by a long shot.



The last game was neck in neck, but Jackson prevailed.

The weather was changing so I headed for home and left the hunting shack people to their fun.

Happy hunting to the 'Sconny folks.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails