Sunday, November 10, 2013

Road trip and mini reunion

I spent a couple of days in Iowa visiting my folks last week.  
It was great to see Dad looking so good, stronger and perkier than ever.
On Friday, we went to Des Moines for Dad to have an audiology appointment at the VA.  After a hearing test and reprogramming of his hearing aids, we headed for coffee with Aunt Johanne and Uncle Thorvald & Mary Riber.  Just by luck, we were also able to have a visit with cousins Barb, Gary & Denis and Nancy.  

On Saturday morning, we spent some time practicing with the new toy that I had brought to Dad and Ev.  They have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet now, which is better for looking at photos, emails and Facebook.
Before I left, they were getting the hang of using it and enjoying the bright and bigger screen.
I took an alternate route home to avoid Minneapolis / St. Paul.
My path headed East out of Albert Lea, North at Eyota, and I crossed the river at Wabasha.  It is tricky to get home when you have the Mississippi River to cross, so choosing the bridge influences the travel plan.
I liked this route, and I got home faster than usual, which was nice.
I did see an amazing sunset along the way.
It was spectacular in color.

As the sun slipped away, it looked like a red ball.
Amazing.
I am hoping winter is kind this year so I can get back to Iowa in December for another visit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails