Saturday, November 2, 2013

A perfect day for fall cleanup

We've had a week or more of cloudy, misty weather.  Today, the sun was out and it was warm enough to work in a tee shirt outdoors.  I managed to get most of the fall 'put away' done!  I have just a couple bits of lawn furniture to store in the garage once the weather starts changing into winter.  Until then, it's nice to have a place to perch outside on a nice day.
I'll have to find a home for the pumpkin turkeys too, but for now, they look pretty festive in the yard.

The pumpkin patch folks got busy on their fall clean up yesterday.
By the end of the day on November 1, the pyramid was empty.

Summer stored away until Spring.
The back deck is tucked in for the winter.
Most of my leaves are down, I'm hoping my lawn guys show up soon to do the final clean up.
I'm glad I have a lawn service to pick up all these leaves.
Mountain Ash berries are ready for the birds.
I'm hoping to see the Cedar Waxwings here to eat them.
Just a few stubborn leaves are hanging on.
While I was outside working in the yard, Barley keeps an eye out by looking out the windows.
Hops usually takes a nap.
Barley greeted me when I came back in the house and had lots of say as I showered and then made some supper.
Hops was a no show, and that is not too unusual.  She usually shows up when it is time to eat though.
She made me nervous tonight when she didn't show up for the 5pm wet food treat, even though I called and called her.  I finally went looking under the beds for her to be sure she was okay.
I couldn't find her anywhere, and while I knew she could not have gotten out the house, it was unnerving no to find the little bugger.
Finally, it dawned on me that she was probably right under my nose, and sure enough, I found her napping on one of the cat beds under the living room couch.
I finally spied her little feet under the couch.
So, a good day for all.
And the Badgers won too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails