Friday, March 9, 2012

Yum

My friend from Colorado / Coors came to visit for 2 nights after she attended a conference in Minneapolis.  We had a good visit, sitting around in our jammies, drinkin' coffee until after noon and then after running some errands, Kim made a gourmet meal for our dinner.  
I can't wait to make that menu again.
Barley was supervising as the chef worked.
Our homemade ravs, yum!
She showed me how to make homemade ravioli using wonton wrappers and the filling was marscarpone cheese, basil, garlic and lemon zest.  Very tasty.  Then we made a beef ragu out of ground beef and onion and garlic and diced roma tomatoes.  Then we made a Caesar salad with homemade dressing made of anchovies, oil, lemon juice, and dijon mustard.  Finally she made crustini out of a baguette with garlic butter.   We had a nice bottle of red wine too.  It was a wonderful meal and now I know how to make that menu.  It wasn't too hard, more steps than my usual frozen dinner is all. 
***
It was a great visit, I can't believe we didn't take any pictures of us, silly girls.
Since we didn't take any pictures this visit, I'll post one from Coors Barley Field Days in 2006.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails