Saturday, March 31, 2012

2012 Dock is in - Big Moon Record?

Today was predicted to be 70 degrees, but it was not!  Unless 40 is the new 70.
Glenn had planned to put in his dock at Big Moon Lake, and it got done.  
I got there when most of the work was done.
Dana and I supervised the work from shore.
 At least this year they had waders to wear.


 Trying to remember how it goes back together.

 Trusting the waders not to leak.  Braver than I am.

 I had my mittens on while I was taking pictures, don't be fooled, it was stinking cold!!
Jackson
Jake and Jackson with their light sabers
Picking up pine cones with Grandma.
 Jackson picked up 153 pine cones and Grandma was paying 1 cent per pine cone,
so lots of money had to be counted.
$1.53; I was thinking I should go out and pick up about 2,000 cones so I could have lunch money.
But...it was too cold.

Kathy and Jackson & Dana/Jake started playing Trouble.
Dana and his partner Jake playing Trouble Game
I was cold and hungry so I headed towards home.

...

But on my way, I drove into Veteran's Park near Cameron, just about 3 miles from home.
I saw some wood ducks from far away, first time that I have ever seen them, so I will go back and try to get closer, on a warmer day!
 Wood Ducks
 Red Sled at Veteran's Park in Cameron
Wood Ducks
...
When I got home, I turned on the furnace and the gas fireplace and poured a glass of wine. 
I'm still cold.
The weatherman reminds us that while it did not get to 70 today, it was one degree higher than average for this date.  I believe him, but I am still cold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails