Saturday, November 5, 2011

Golden Days

One thing about Colorado, even when it snows 6-10 inches this time of year, if the sun comes out, 
it melts away pretty quickly.

On Wednesday, I started my day of visiting by having lunch with Dave & Suzi
 at a Thai restaurant in Olde Town Arvada.
Oh man, that was tasty.
Green Curry, yummy.
We had a great visit and I am hoping they will be in Wisconsin again soon.


Wednesday evening was dinner with Lance & Jamie (my neighbors from the Dover Street neighborhood in Arvada) and Roche & Tom.  We ate at 3 Marguerite's and it was great Mexican food.
*********
Visiting Golden on Thursday was so nice.  The snow along the creek was classic.
Looking West from Washington Street in Golden, CO
Looking East from Washington
 ^^^^^^^^
My visit to Bills' Bar at the Golden Brewery was really fun.
I saw many of my old pals.
The bar is a nice tribute to Bill Coors.
Cheers! to Bill
Original artwork by the folks at the glass plant.
Bottles made of recycled bottles.
Very nice.
Hosted by the Guest Relations folks, this is a very nice gathering place open to employees daily.

A welcome to Bill's

A good crowd on a Thursday afternoon.
One department was finishing a team building exercise, while others were just there to quench their thirst.

Jenny, Melissa, Steve & Tammy, Reichow
After a great visit at the brewery, Steve and Tammy took me to dinner at 3 Sons Italian Restaurant in Arvada.  Great food and by far the best waitress ever, Anna.  Ask for her if you go.

It is so nice to see all my Colorado pals again.

1 comment:

Hamilton Family said...

Great write up and I love your pictures of Golden and Bill's. Enjoy the rest of your visit. It was GREAT to see you. I miss our chats and look forward to our next visit together. Once of these days we WILL bring the boys up to experience Wisconsin, Wanda style!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails