Thursday, August 25, 2011

My friend, and "Other Mother", Betty

I am reposting this note as today I am heading to Waumandee to say a final goodbye to Betty.
It will be good to see my Colorado friends but a sad day for us all.
We will make the best of our time together though!
***********

Today I heard the sad news that my friend, Betty Rosenow, passed away today.  I was blessed for more than 40 years to call her a friend and also My Other Mother.  Her passing comes after a slow decline in health and I know that she is at peace now.  But selfishly, I wish she would have stayed on this Earth until I could have visited with her one more time.
Lucky for me, I spent last Thanksgiving with her and her family.  
She was in good health and grand spirit that day.

I have known Betty longer than I had my real mom and also longer than I have known my step-mom.
She inspired me to 'be mindful of the needs of others'.
I will miss My Other Mother.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails