Thursday, September 9, 2010

Road Trip! Road Trip! Road Trip!


I took a little ride North today.
Thanks MJ for a wonderful morning of coffee, pumpkin cookies and a good visit!  I can't wait to make the rhubarb leaf bird baths!
~
From Gordon I continued on to the Sand Castle.  I wanted to check out the work Kris had done last week on the rock wall behind the wood stove.
I could not find a really good before picture but you get the idea.
Kris did an awesome job on the rock.
The Sand Castle in fall is so nice
~
Stinnett Landing
When I left the Sandcastle, I headed to Hayward to pick up Kris's wild rice at the processor.  On the way home, I took some country roads and made a stop at the Stinnett Landing on the Namekagon River.  The water was so smooth, almost looked like oil.
~
When I headed for home, I made one more stop to check out the cranberry bog.  
I am hoping to catch some action there one of these times.  This time I saw the bogs thick with berries.
~
Finally back in Rice Lake, I followed this pick up truck down main street.  I could not resist taking a photo of his back window & the sticker.
Click on photo to see it larger.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails