Saturday, September 4, 2010

A lot of stuff can happen in 2 years

I am having Saturday morning coffee and thinking about 2 years ago today when I arrived in Rice Lake.   
It was quite a night,  I got here after dark.  
The Vibe was loaded to the max, including the carrier on the top.  I had not seen the house since July and then only 2 quick visits.  
The only furniture was the master bed & box-springs (no mattress) and matching dresser & night stand.  
There was a leather couch in the living room but it belonged to the staging people and since I didn't want to have to buy it, I avoided using it.  
Lois had been here and left some goodies in the refrigerator and I had a cooler of beer in the car.  So that was good.
At first I was bugged because I had no place to sit down (other than the toilets), but it quickly became a non issue as I realized that the smoke alarm was chirping and I needed to run and buy a battery & a ladder.
All of that meant emptying and taking the car top carrier off the Vibe.
It was a wide night of trying to do all of that before Menard's closed.
~~
Well, looking back, it feels like I have been here longer than 2 years and I am sure it is where I am supposed to be.  
And now...it is time to tear the roof off!!
Fun is having a 30 yd dumpster parked in your driveway!

Andy starts the demolition tomorrow and soon I will have a new roof on both the house & garage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails