Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Red Cedar River Trail

I walked on the North bound trail again today, this time I was determined to go to the end of the trail.
It's a pretty trail that follows very close to the river in many places.
Some bird, I am guessing Pileated Woodpecker, had really been working this tree over, even a pile of sawdust at the bottom.
This is a amphitheatre, part of the University.  Not sure what goes on here, but I'll have to pay attention, maybe an outdoor concert?

This big tree caught my attention, I have not discovered it's name yet, but it's a beauty.
Along the path are several picnic tables and a few benches.
The trail runs on the West side of the University Buildings and there is a frisbee golf set up as well.
The kids are on spring break this week, I am guessing that once they are back there will be some action on the deck.
http://www.barron.uwc.edu/  
There is also a pavillion on the trail.  You can see it ahead.  A nice brick shelter.
And her is another one of those magnificent trees, this one is huge, almost twice as high as the surrounding oaks and maples.
I am sure glad to have finally taken the time to walk this trail.  All of these photos were taken with my Blackberry but I think I'll want to take my Pentax along on a walk one of these days and see what I can find to photograph along the river.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails