Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Forest Lives!

I am delighted to report that my balsam fir babies that I planted last spring seem to have come through the winter in fine form.

My ash tree though has some serious moss, maybe it just needs a little sunshine to peel some of that off.  In the meantime, that moss is kind of pretty in a way.
 I don't suppose I'll have the ash trees very many more years anyway if the ash borer beetle continues it's march Eastward.

I saw the first robin of the spring this afternoon in my backyard.
You know what that means....Dairy Queen!
Little does this spring bird know, that now we must go to Dairy Queen to celebrate his arrival!
This spring tradition was told to me by my niece Kaija, and I would never question her wisdom.
Welcome back!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails