Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hard Frost and Garden Cleaning

This morning we had a very pretty frost. When I woke up I could see the leaves on the tree out my bedroom window were sparkling like diamonds. This frost really took care of most of the rest of the leaves (except the oak leaves) that were still on the trees.
In fact, by the time I looked at the above photo and then went to take another, one of the leaves had dropped off the tree in those few seconds.
Sure was a pretty frost, but it's sad to see the leaves go.
This afternoon, I finally got the garden cleaned out. The frost sure makes the garden remains look scary. The only thing surviving is the celery.
I also cleaned up the 10 bags of Cowsmo Compost from Rosenow Farms as well as some Mattson farm soil. The garden got a top off and the flower beds are composted and ready for winter. It feels good to have that done, it's been an eyesore for some time. I left the celery in the garden, just for fun to see how hardy it is. I tasted it and it is quite bitter, so not worth harvesting to save anyway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails