Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Long Beds

It was a lazy morning around here and then lots of activity got going after lunch.
~
I put stakes in the ground to mark the dimensions of the new deck that will soon be built outside the front door. Ronnie and Roger Petersen have agreed to build it, now I need to get the lumber delivered and all the permits properly filed.
~
I had decided to replace the valves in the tanks on the toilets and started with the guest bathroom this afternoon, and as any good plumbing project goes, everything leaked, so needed to go to Menards to get some new gaskets. Will get to work on that again tomorrow....
~
Tonight I met Lora and Anders for supper in Eau Claire and then we went to a concert in Phoenix Park. The band was The Longbeds. A local group led my a local author, Mike Perry. More info on his books and the band at http://sneezingcow.com/

Michael Perry and the Long Beds



Anders seemed to get into the music for quite awhile but then.....


it was time for a snooze.
~
On the way home, I had a near miss with 5 or 6 raccoons who decided to cross the county road in front of my car. It scared me, but scared them worse. As I drove past the little family, I could see the little ones were scared to death and hunkered down close to the pavement. As much as I am no raccoon fan, I didn't like the feeling of those little ones being so frightened either. Geesh.
~
I got home in time to see the last few innings of the Rockies game on MLB.TV, what a treat. How about those Rockies!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails