Monday, July 27, 2009

Brownies are good

Yesterday, 2 neighbors stopped for a visit. Samantha is 12 and her brother is 10, they brought me a plate of delicious brownies as a housewarming present. They were walking their dog, a standard poodle, named Raynna. We had a nice long visit and they are willing to take care of my kitties if I have to be out of town, so that is good. It was the first housewarming visit from any of the neighbors and quite delightful. (I had talked to their Mom one morning as she was walking by the driveway.)


Today, I tried to add some supports for my tomato plants in the raised bed garden, never thought I'd be complaining that the tomato plants are too big, but they bent the tomato cages right over to the ground!! Crazy. I harvested about 5 cucumbers today and half dozen cherry tomatoes.


This dirt came from Terry & Patti Mattson's farm, I guess it is good tomato dirt!!


A couple of volunteer sunflowers came up near the house, I am guessing that the squirrels planted those!

1 comment:

bonelakecountrylife said...

Love the sunflower pics - how cool! Sarah planted giant ones but they are not blooming yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails