Thursday, December 4, 2008

United Way and The Birds

Last night I went to the Rice Lake Holly Auction, a benefit for United Way. It was quite a successful event. Much work had been done to prepare for this event, I'm not sure how many silent auction items there were, but I am guessing close to 100. Also, several raffel opportunities for nice prizes. The grand prize was a travel package valued at $2008. The Rice Lake community really turns out for this event and most everyone I talked to had been there each year. I'll definitely go back next year, with a better plan with regard to bidding. It was encouraging to see so many people there and bidding even though all the economic news is so grim. Of course, the need in the community goes up when the economy is down, and I guess Rice Lake residents get that.




Yesterday the cardinals were back, and today a nuthatch camped on the bird feeder for quite some time. The gold finches are plentiful and are at the feeders daily.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails