Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Home Alone...Oh Boy

Well, my drive home from Durant was uneventful and my shopping trip to Kohl's quite successful, new underwear! always a plus. I also stopped in Barron and got the on sale sunflower seeds for my birds and a bag for Lojo too. 50 lbs for $15.99 is a good price up here.

Now the drama....when I got to the house and drug in my first load of overnight bags and stuff, I opened the door, no kitties greeted me. But I immediately saw that my bedroom door was closed....not good.
The litter box is in the laundry room and the food and water for the cats is in my bathroom at the other end of the house. I had visions of a poopful bedroom or cats who had not eaten or had any water for 3 days.

But, the bathroom door was also shut...and inside the bathroom were two very crazy kitties. They must have been roughhousing and somehow swung both those doors shut. So, the only damage that I can see is one sham off my bed was on the floor and it had been peed on. But it was dry, which tells me that they had been in bathroom lock down most of the time I was gone. The bathroom rugs were rolled around and there was one poop on the floor but all the rest of the poop, and I am assuming the pee, was in my shower stall. Smart kitties, huh!

So, it was easy to clean up and now I am washing what I can see needs washed and will keep that pillow & sham in the garage until I can have someone sniff test it for me. Poor things.

Oh, and their big bowl of water had been dumped too, but the auto waterer still had water in it.

All in all, the kitties did not have a good vacation!

So, I'll have to block doors with chairs from now on, I would never have guessed that they would have messed around and shut those doors, they have never done it when I was here. Owell, it all ended fine!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people pee in the shower, so situation normal.

Anonymous said...

I sent you a video of a cat flushing a toilet and causing quite a huge water bill....looks like you "Lucked" out!

Carol :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails