Tuesday, September 28, 2021

My lucky day

 The drive from Rice Lake to Eau Claire is starting to really show some color. I hope the weather stays nice like this so we can enjoy the fall color. 

 My trip to Eau Claire was to see a periodontal doctor. It was my lucky day, their CT Scanner was not working, so he had to resort to basic xray. Saved me about $450. End result was the same, surgery done, problem solved.  

Happy wallet.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Today's procedure was a lateral periodontal cyst removal, oral tissue biopsy, and osseous graft to replace bone loss.  $900 just like that.  The doctor explained that these cysts are extremely common in the exact location of mine.  The danger is the cyst can grow and damage the root of the tooth. Mine was not deep, so both teeth should be just fine.

Several stitches and now a course of Ammoxicyllin & mouth wash for 2 weeks.  And soft food for a few days.  They even gave me a cup of applesauce and packet of instant soup & a small ice pack to ice my jaw.  Two days of no strenuous activity, so no bike riding or yard work.

 It's kind of nice to have this done, it was diagnosed during covid in 2020.  It took awhile to feel comfortable with going there & then to get scheduled with their office.  Now I go back in 2 weeks, and then this is off my list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails