Thursday, September 9, 2021

Back to the bleachers

 After much debate with myself, I finally decided to go to Ruby's volleyball game in Siren on Thursday afternoon.  I wore my mask, one of the few I saw, but I felt okay even though the gym is quite small and the quarters are close.  Anyway, it was great to be there in person again.

Ruby is in 7th grade, the girls are starting to really learn the game and have some moments of brillance, and then some times of difficulty.  They are young, they are supposed to be learning the skills.  Ruby has a good strong overhand service and that will be a real asset to her team and she will only get better at that.  I really enjoyed watching her and the other girls.  It was not a winning effort, but that isn't the whole point.

Ruby

From Siren, I continued on to Luck to watch the varsity volleyball team.  This was a thriller and a 3-1 win for the Cardinals.  It was great to watch Stella and her team play and it was exciting volleyball.  Each game in the match was quite close and some of the volleys and saves were very dramatic.

Stella

First time in the gym since March 12, 2020.  I forgot my mask in the car at Luck, but I'll tuck one in my camera bag for next time.  I think a mask is smart around all those kids.  I also forgot a 2nd battery for the camera.  Things were a little dicey by the end of the varsity match, but I made it.

Lots of pictures to look at tomorrow, it was a very fun night out watching the kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails