Monday, December 7, 2020

We need Georgia

To help support getting out the vote, especially in the current run-off race in Georgia,  I donated to America Votes.

America Votes is a non partisan organization that works on voter registration and protecting every American's right to vote.  AmericaVotes.org

In return, I got to watch a live, uncut script read by the cast of VEEP.  This was the second live read by the VEEP cast that I attended this election season.  It was so much fun.  The event raised over $600,000, mostly increments of $30 or less.  


What was kind of eerie was this episode of VEEP was called "Mother",  was originally broadcast on May 15, 2016.  The bulk of the storyline was based on Selena requesting recounts to prove she had won her run for reelection, which in the end, she lost.  Eerily familiar. 

Anyway, we need Georgia to vote for Ossoff & Warnock.  IMHO, the best way out of where we are as a nation, is to end the choke hold on the senate by Mitch McConnell, but to do that,  we need a Democratic majority.  I am hopeful.


Subject change: For at least a year,  I have been getting updates on "my" points from a Norwegian Hotel.  I have no idea how this got started as I have never traveled there.  I was a bit curious as to what these emails said. 


Today,  as I was trying to translate some of the text, I discovered an app called Google Lens. You just point your phone at the foreign language, and like magic,  right before your eyes,  it translates. Crazy cool.
 
,

Unbelievable. 
I guess my points are going to expire without me cashing in.

I am even more excited about this as I think I have some letters written by Dad, during the WWII, that are in Danish. 
I'm not sure it will work very well with his cursive, but it is worth at try.

πŸ“ƒ


Pearl Harbor Day
In later years, Dad usually spent this day phoning old friends and relatives to share remembrances of December 7th, 1941. He had a list and would work his way through the list and contact as many as he could & share a nice chat. 
So today, I will be thinking of Dad. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ ♥️



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails