Sunday, December 6, 2020

269 days of Safer at Home

My box of meal kits from Hello fresh is not going to be delivered because it was damaged in transit. The company was quick to credit my account, but this puts me into a situation where I am probably forced to go to the grocery store. 

It also reminds me that I need to be sure that all my eggs are not in one basket. 

So thinking about 'what is the risk of going to the grocery store' I looked up the current state of virus activity in my County, the bulk of which is in the bigger towns in that county, of which Rice Lake is the biggest. So of course, the lionshare of positives are here in Rice Lake and the surrounding area. 

By my math, 1 and 12 residents of our County either have the virus or have had the virus, according to this graphic that I found on, of all places, The Weather Channel.


So, while it's a risk, I am planning on running to the grocery store the minute the Packer game ends.  I should be able to get in and out quickly, and of course will wear a mask and use hand sanitizer before & after my trip into the store.
Bring on the vaccine!

😷😷😷

This morning I was watching a Pileated Woodpecker squaring off with a squirrel over the suet block.  The big bird kept spreading its wings in what I assume was a show of superiority.   I jumped up to grab my camera, but then it flew, so, bummer, 
no photo. 

But then I noticed the ground under the feeders was busy, there were 10 or 12 female Northern Cardinals on the ground. Then I noticed at least 6 more in a tree near the edge of my yard,  and also 3 males. I've never seen that many Cardinal at one time.  Unfortunately the ground is about the same color as those females, 
so no photo. 

I did walk out the front door to see if I could get a better angle, by then the flock was in a small tree in my neighbor's yard, too far away for my camera, and I'm sure not in view of the neighbor's windows.
No photo.

Sometimes you just have to see things with your eyes and appreciation the 'awe'.

Forget the photo.


☮PEACE☮





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails