Thursday, December 10, 2020

273 days of safer at home, today was 'ugh'

 First, the dishwasher repairman came yesterday and installed a new timer in my dishwasher thinking that would fix my problem. Today I run the dishwasher and now I believe the problem has to do with the pump that causes the water to recirculate and spray. Another appointment for him to return has been set for December 29th, and I'm back to washing dishes in the sink. That's doable.

Second, my laptop did a Windows update and got stuck in a blue-screen-of-death loop and could not finish startup.  Luckily I bought a Year's worth of tech when I purchase this laptop so I called them up and they were able to repair the problem however as part of that repair I got to sit at the laptop for over 3 hours, waiting for the next step. But all is well now so that's a good thing.

Third, I went to take the lid off a can of jellied cranberry sauce and sliced my thumb. It bled like crazy but with the help of some steri-strips and Band-Aids I'm fine now. I had opened the can with the Pampered Chef can opener that I thought was supposed to leave what I thought was the safe edge, I guess I was wrong. I'll live but it'll be tricky to keep a Band-Aid on when my hands are in the dishwater.

Always something, never nothing.


๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

But on a really good note, I was able to watch the live stream of great nephew Owen's 7th grade basketball game. It was Grantsburg at Luck. The Grantsburg kids won by a wide margin but I got to see Owen play, he's strong.  He doesn't have any trouble getting the ball up to the basket like some of the smaller kids do.  He's not afraid to grab the ball. And according to his mom, Angie, Owen has improved a lot over this season. Today was the last game so I'll have to wait till next year to see Owen and play again.  I grabbed a couple screenshots.  Hard to see but Owen is #51, just to the right, under the basket.









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails