Sunday, December 20, 2020

BSOD

 They call it the Blue Screen Of Death when Windows has a fatal error. 

It turned out to not be fatal for my laptop though.  

My tech support wanted me to haul my laptop to the store in Eau Claire to have Windows reinstalled.  For me, that meant a round trip down to Eau Claire, about 60 miles each way, to drop it off and another trip down & back to pick it up.  With Covid-19,  I just wasn't comfortable with making these 2 trips. Bathroom stops, etc, just too much risk of exposure.  So,  I had decided to wait,  the problem was intermittent.   

But then I thought,  why don't I do a factory reset,  that would reinstall windows.  It took most of the evening last night,  but it worked. 

No more BSOD. 

Now I'm working on reinstall of my programs, but I did not lose any data and the rest is all doable.

Life is good.

☮☮☮

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails