Friday, July 14, 2023

Change is hard

Tuesday evenings, Luck hosts Music in the Park.
I went over to hear the group Danville.  These musicians are personal friends of Aunt Lois and have come to Luck every year for over 20 years.
Imagine a peaceful evening, listening to folk music in the genre of Peter, Paul & Mary, Pete Seeger and the like.
It was fantastic.
A little rain drove many of the listeners away early, but the band kept playing and I thought the rain felt pleasant.
It was a really delightful evening and I was able to greet many friends and see some of my family as well.
🎶🎶🎶🎶

I avoid having to call service providers like the cable TV folks and the cellphone company.  For some reason, on Thursday, I decided to cancel my cable and make the leap to all streaming for TV entertainment.
By skipping all the Spectrum menus of self help, and asking for a 'representative', I was connected to a very knowledgeable and friendly agent.  He helped me get caught up on the technology, and in the end, I kept my cable channel line up via the Spectrum TV App, but will save about $65 / month for the next year.  I have already put a reminder in my calendar for next July to call again and get another better deal.  He advised me to make the call annually.  
So, that was done, yay.
He also tried to interest me in switching my cellphone to a Spectrum plan, promising me a rate of just $29.99 / month for unlimited text, talk & data.  I could not really believe the rate, but said I would consider and call back if I was interested.  As the day went by, I thought, why not.  Laila and I have a family plan so after contacting yet another very friendly and helpful Spectrum agent, who answered all my many questions, I made the switch.  
All in all, those 2 phone calls should save me about $180/month for the next 12 months. I think I'm learning to love making those phone calls.
The change will be a little challenging but good for the brain to learn the new.

I was also told about the FCC's Affordable Connectivity Program.  A person can quickly check to see if they might be eligible for a $30/month reduction of their internet costs.


It is Day Lily time here.  
My lilies are not doing well this year with the drought, but I did catch a photo of the yellow ones that are always the most vibrant and vigorous.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails