Friday, August 26, 2022

Barrel chair

 Sitting on the 'amish' recliner in the corner of the living room,  playing bridge all through covid, has finally convinced me that that chair had to go. I bought that recliner at an Amish shop in Clarion Iowa. Just guessing I would say about 12 years ago. 

The attraction for me was the swivel oak tray that could be used for a laptop. I did use it to hold my laptop for a long time. I even had Kris make me a larger tray to give myself more room for the mouse next to the laptop. 

I don't remember exactly what I paid for it  but of course I had to haul it home from Clarion  Iowa. I almost think Lois and I were down there together but then I'll have to check with her on that.  

The chair is certainly still usable and I'll be putting it out with a FREE sign on it this weekend. The tricky thing about that chair is that to drop the foot rest down, you have to catch your heel on the bottom of the foot rest and pull your knees up towards yourself. It takes a little practice so I will have to be sure whoever takes it understands the mechanism. 

Another thing that attracted me to that chair was the the way it was constructed so that you could easily have it re upholstered as most of the chair is square tube, that part will never wear out.

But the butt needs better padding.   

I was ready for a different look in the living room anyway, plus my sore butt.  So,  a new bucket style chair. Red vinyl. And a new glass lamp, a good refresh to the living room. 



Barley is not too pleased, but I already have a cushion to leave on the chair for 'her highness'  to curl up on.

👑

 A few weeks ago my nephew Ryan shared some photos with me that he had from a trail cam located out in his woods. The trail cam is connected to a cell phone tower and sends the photos directly to an app on his phone.

 I love this idea for our Sandcastle cabin. So for about a $150 I purchased the camera, SD card, & antenna extension.   The subscription to the cellphone tower is $5 per month. 

Not only are we curious about any 2 legged creatures that might be might be checking out our cabin, but we would really love to see photos of the 4 legged variety.

 I had some difficulty activating the camera, which I'm sure made Ryan chuckle because he has activated about 8 of these cameras and said it was so easy. But it turns out the SIM card that I was using was not activated and it took some magic by the technical people to resolve that problem. 



For now it's set up in my backyard.


I will probably take a drive up to the Sandcastle tomorrow and install (strap it to a tree) the camera up there.  I'm excited to see what we see wandering by our little cabin in the woods.

🌲🛖🌲

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails