Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and it ended Ugly

Barley and Hops really are sweet kitties as you can see from this photo. They love each other and are very affectionate with me and any guests who have been here.

But, they are also kittens who can't leave well enough alone. Yesterday I was trying to figure out how I was going to help my amaryllis hold up the 3 beautiful red blooms that were starting to open. The stem on the flower was very tall and starting to lean. Sometime during the night last night, I heard a noise in the dining room. I got up to investigate, and Barley had managed to pull 2 of the buds off the stem. Saddened, I moved the plant to the kitchen window and put the blooms into a glass of water.

Later, another noise, this time Barley had dumped the whole plant (antique Coors pot and all) into the kitchen sink. I guess I won't be enjoying an amaryllis this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, noooooooo. Not your special plant! Well, there is always next year! ck :)

sherri said...

Sorry about the amaryllis! Bad kitties!

I think there must have been something in the air about cats and plants that day. My Sam went on one of her ballistic crazy sessions and wiped out three plants I had on a little metal stand. Dirt and pots everywhere! My gardenia and four hibiscus cuttings (have been babying them to root since summer) didn't get broken so hopefully no fatalities.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails